For the 1.4 release the DataFrame API will be publicly available and the
documentation at
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.4.0-rc2-docs/sql-programming-guide.html
(Click on the R tab) provides a good summary of the available functions.

As I described in the other email to the dev list, we are still collecting
feedback on a parallel API for SparkR as we feel the RDD API is too
low-level. We would like to hear any use-cases you have as it will be
valuable in designing the API.

Thanks
Shivaram