Hi Devs,

Just an announcement that I've cut Spark's branch-1.5 to form the basis of
the 1.5 release. Other than a few stragglers, this represents the end of
active feature development for Spark 1.5. *If committers are merging any
features (outside of alpha modules), please shoot me an email so I can help
coordinate. Any new commits will need to be explicitly merged into
branch-1.5*.

In the next few days, we should come up with testing plans for the release
and create umbrella JIRAs for testing various components and changes. I
plan to cut a preview package for 1.5 towards the end of this week or early
next week.

- R