Hi all,
      I am trying to work with spark-redis connector (redislabs) which
requires all transactions between redis and spark be in RDD's. The language
I am using is Java but the connector does not accept JavaRDD's .So I tried
using Spark context in my code instead of JavaSparkContext. But when I
wanted to create a RDD using sc.parallelize , it asks for some scala related
parameters as opposed to lists in java.... when I tries to have both
javaSparkContext and sparkcontext(for connector) then Multiple contexts
cannot be opened was the error....
 The code that I have been trying ....

// initialize spark context
        private static RedisContext config() {
                conf = new SparkConf().setAppName("redis-jedis");
                sc2=new SparkContext(conf);
                RedisContext rc=new RedisContext(sc2);
                return rc;

        }
//write to redis which requires the data to be in RDD
        private static void WriteUserTacticData(RedisContext rc, String userid,
String tacticsId, String value) {
                hostTup= calling(redisHost,redisPort);
                String key=userid+"-"+tacticsId;
                RDD<Tuple2&lt;String, String>> newTup=createTuple(key,value);
                rc.toRedisKV(newTup,hostTup);

// the createTuple where the RDD is to be created which will be inserted
into redis
        private static RDD<Tuple2&lt;String, String>> createTuple(String key,
String value) {
                sc=new JavaSparkContext(conf);
                ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;String,String>> list= new
ArrayList<Tuple2&lt;String,String>>();
                Tuple2<String,String> e= new Tuple2<String, String>(key,value);
                list.add(e);
                JavaRDD<Tuple2&lt;String,String>> javardd= sc.parallelize(list);
                RDD<Tuple2&lt;String,String>> newTupRdd=JavaRDD.toRDD(javardd);
                sc.close();
                return newTupRdd;
        }

How would I create an RDD(not javaRDD) in java which will be accepted by
redis connector... Any kind of related to the topic would be
appretiated......