Generally speaking, the default disposition of any PR or JIRA is
"won't merge" until proven otherwise. This is especially true of
large, stand-alone features like a new ML algorithm. I believe the
lack of traction means there is not interest in adding this to Spark
and so these issues should be closed. It is no judgment on the quality
or usefulness of the idea; it's an indication that this should live
outside Spark for now.