Some friends refer me this thread about OLAP/Kylin and Spark...

Here's my 2 cents..

If you are trying to setup OLAP, Apache Kylin should be one good idea for
you to evaluate.

The project has developed more than 2 years and going to graduate to Apache
Top Level Project [1].
There are many deployments on production already include eBay, Exponential,
JD.com, VIP.com and others, refer to powered by page [2].

Apache Kylin's spark engine also on the way, there's discussion about
turning the performance [3].

There are variety clients are available to interactive with Kylin with ANSI
SQL, including Tableau, Zeppelin, Pentaho/mondrian, Saiku/mondrian, and the
Excel/PowerBI support will roll out this week.

Apache Kylin is young but mature with huge case validation (one biggest
cube in eBay contains 85+B rows, 90%ile production platform's query latency
in few seconds).

StreamingOLAP is coming in Kylin v2.0 with plug-able architecture, there's
already one real case on production inside eBay, please refer to our design
deck [4]

We are really welcome everyone to join and contribute to Kylin as OLAP
engine for Big Data:-)

Please feel free to contact our community or me for any question.

Thanks.

1. http://s.apache.org/bah
2. http://kylin.incubator.apache.org/community/poweredby.html
3. http://s.apache.org/lHA