SPARK-6470 only supports node label expression for executors.
SPARK-7173 supports node label expression for AM (will be in 1.6).

If you want to schedule your whole application through label expression,
you have to configure both am and executor label expression. If you only
want to schedule executors through label expression, the executor
configuration is enough, but you have to make sure your cluster has some
nodes with no label.

You can refer to this document (
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_yarn_resource_mgt/content/configuring_node_labels.html
).