bq. had configured the pull request builder timeout to be 300 minutes (5
hours)

From
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/Spark-Master-Maven-with-YARN/HADOOP_PROFILE=hadoop-2.4,label=spark-test/4592/
:

   - 1 hr 55 min building on an executor;
   - 1 hr 55 min total from scheduled to completion.

Looks like 2.5 hours should be good enough.

Cheers