> On 4 Feb 2016, at 23:11, Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Assuming your change is based on hadoop-2 branch, you can use 'mvn install'
> command which would put artifacts under 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT subdir in your local
> maven repo.

+ generally, unless you want to run all the hadoop tests, set the  -DskipTests
on the mvn commands. The HDFS ones take a while and can use up all your file
handles.

mvn install -DskipTests

here's the aliases I use

export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2g -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m
-Xms256m -Djava.awt.headless=true"
alias mi="mvn install -DskipTests"
alias mci="mvn clean install -DskipTests"
alias mvt="mvn test"
alias mvct="mvn clean test"
alias mvp="mvn package -DskipTests"
alias mvcp="mvn clean package -DskipTests"
alias mvnsite="mvn site:site -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -DskipTests"
alias mvndep="mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose"

mvndep > target/dependencies.txt is my command of choice to start working out
where some random dependency is coming in from