I updated the release packaging scripts to use SFTP via the *lftp* client:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/11350

I'm starting the process of cutting a 1.6.1-RC1 tag and release artifacts
right now, so please be extra careful about merging into branch-1.6 until
after the release. Once the RC packaging completes, Michael or I will email
the list to start a vote thread.

- Josh