On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 4:33 AM, Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>> On 29 Mar 2016, at 22:19, Michael Segel <msegel_had...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So yeah, I know that Spark jobs running on a Hadoop cluster will inherit its
>> security from the underlying YARN job.
>> However… that’s not really saying much when you think about some use cases.
>>
>> Like using the thrift service …
>>
>> I’m wondering what else is new and what people have been thinking about how
>> to enhance spark’s security.
>>

> Been thinking a bit.
>
> One thing to look at is renewal of hbase and hive tokens on long-lived
> services, alongside hdfs

I've been looking at this as well. The current work-around I'm using
is to use keytab logins on the executors, which is less than
desirable.

Since the HBase project maintains Spark integration points, it'd be
great if there were just a hook for services to provide "here's how to
renew" to a common renewal service.

--
busbey