We are trying to pick the spark version automatically from pom instead of
manually modifying the files. This also includes richer pieces of
information like last commit, version, user who built the code etc to
better identify the framework running.

The setup is as follows :
- A shell script generates this piece of information and dumps it into a
properties file under *core/target/extra-resources - *we don't want to
pollute the source directory and hence we are generating this under target
as its dealing with build information.
- The shell script is invoked in both mvn and sbt.

The issue is that sbt doesn't pick up the generated properties file after
doing a clean. But it does pick it up in subsequent runs. Note, the
properties file is created before the classes are generated.

The code for this is available in the PR :
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/13061

Does anybody have an idea about how we can achieve this in sbt?

Thanks,
Dhruve