Hi,

In the past the Apache Spark community have created preview packages (not
official releases) and used those as opportunities to ask community members
to test the upcoming versions of Apache Spark. Several people in the Apache
community have suggested we conduct votes for these preview packages and
turn them into formal releases by the Apache foundation's standard. Preview
releases are not meant to be functional, i.e. they can and highly likely
will contain critical bugs or documentation errors, but we will be able to
post them to the project's website to get wider feedback. They should
satisfy the legal requirements of Apache's release policy (
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html) such as having proper licenses.

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
2.0.0-preview. The vote is open until Friday, May 20, 2015 at 11:00 PM PDT
and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 2.0.0-preview

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is 2.0.0-preview
(8f5a04b6299e3a47aca13cbb40e72344c0114860)

http://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.0.0-preview-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

http://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.0.0-preview-docs/

The list of resolved issues are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-15351?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Apache Spark workload and running on this candidate, then
reporting any regressions.