Hi!

We are seeing an issue around log aggregation under Yarn with Spark
streaming. The specific case below is a example - we had to kill a spark
streaming job, and would like to see the logs of the consumer so as to find
out what happened before we had to kill it.
Yarn reports the status of a killed Spark streaming job with a "log
aggregation status" of N/A. Yarn seems to be doing the right thing for all
other jobs with respect to log aggregation - jobs that  either aborted or
were terminated normally after finish.

Any clues on what may be happening. We are using Spark 1.5.2. Is there a
fix for such behavior in later releases?

$ yarn application -status application_1460521878257_8455

16/06/14 19:24:54 INFO impl.TimelineClientImpl: Timeline service

address: http://abhdp-rm1.marketo.org:8188/ws/v1/timeline/

Application Report :

Application-Id : application_1460521878257_8455

Application-Name : ab-crmstreaming-service

Application-Type : SPARK

User : crmintegration

Queue : crm

Start-Time : 1463694307675

Finish-Time : 1464848682220

Progress : 0%

State : KILLED

Final-State : KILLED

Tracking-URL : N/A

RPC Port : -1

AM Host : N/A

Aggregate Resource Allocation : 0 MB-seconds, 0 vcore-seconds

Log Aggregation Status : N/A

Diagnostics : N/A