Hi All,

I am a CSE undergraduate and as for our final year project, we are
expecting to construct a cluster based, bit-oriented analytic platform
(storage engine) to provide fast query performance when used for OLAP with
the use of novel bitmap indexing techniques when and where appropriate.

For that we are expecting to use Spark SQL. We will need to implement a way
to cache the bit map indexes and in-cooperate the use of bitmap indexing at
the catalyst optimizer level when it is possible.

I would highly appreciate your feedback regarding the proposed approach.

Thank you & Regards

Nishadi Kirielle
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka