Note that both HashingTF and CountVectorizer are usually used for creating
TF-IDF normalized vectors. The definition (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tf%E2%80%93idf#Definition) of term frequency
in TF-IDF is actually the "number of times the term occurs in the document".

So it's perhaps a bit of a misnomer, but the implementation is correct.