I see. I've already started working with Arrow-C++ and talking to members
of the Arrow community, so I'll keep doing that.

As a follow-up question, is there an approximate timescale for when Spark
will support Arrow? I'd just like to know that all the pieces will come
together eventually.

(In this forum, most of the discussion about Arrow is about PySpark and
Pandas, not Spark in general.)

Best,
Jim