It's worth calling attention to:

It looks like we need to at least not publish the kinesis *assembly*
Maven artifact because it contains Amazon Software Licensed-code
directly.

However there's a reasonably strong reason to believe that we'd have
to remove the non-assembly Kinesis artifact too, as well as the
Ganglia one. This doesn't mean it goes away from the project, just
means it would no longer be published as a Maven artifact. (These have
never been bundled in the main Spark artifacts.)

I wanted to give a heads up to see if anyone a) believes this
conclusion is wrong or b) wants to take it up with legal@? I'm
inclined to believe we have to remove them given the interpretation
Luciano has put forth.

Sean