On 15 Oct 2016, at 01:28, Ryan Blue
<rb...@netflix.com.INVALID<mailto:rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>> wrote:

The Spark 2 branch is based on this one:
https://github.com/JoshRosen/hive/commits/release-1.2.1-spark2

Didn't know this had moved.... I had an outstanding PR against patricks which
should really go in, if not already taken up ( HIVE-11720 ;
https://github.com/pwendell/hive/pull/2 )

IMO I think it would make sense if -somehow- that hive fork were in the ASF;
it's got to be in sync with Spark releases, and its not been ideal for me in
terms of getting one or two fixes in, the other one being culling
groovy 2.4.4 as an export (
https://github.com/steveloughran/hive/tree/stevel/SPARK-13471-groovy-2.4.4 )

I don't know if the hive team themselves would be up to having it in their
repo, or if committership logistics would suit it anyway. Otherwise,
approaching infra@ and asking for a forked repo is likely to work with a bit of
prodding

rb

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Ethan Aubin