I've noticed that a lot of github pull request notifications no longer come
to my inbox. In the past I'd get an email for every reply to a pull request
that I subscribed to (i.e. commented on). Lately I noticed for a lot of
them I didn't get any emails, but if I opened the pull requests directly on
github, I'd see the new replies. I've looked at spam folder and none of the
missing notifications are there. So it's either github not sending the
notifications, or the emails are lost in transit.

The way it manifests is that I often comment on a pull request, and then I
don't know whether the contributor (author) has updated it or not. From the
contributor's point of view, it looks like I've been ignoring the pull
request.

I think this started happening when github switched over to the new code
review mode (
https://github.com/blog/2256-a-whole-new-github-universe-announcing-new-tools-forums-and-features
)

Did anybody else notice this issue?