Hi, All.

Do we have a release plan of Apache Spark 1.6.4?

Up to my knowledge, Apache Spark community has been focusing on latest two
versions.
There was no official release of Apache Spark *X.X.4* so far. It's also
well-documented on Apache Spark home page (Versioning policy;
http://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html)

> A minor release usually sees 1-2 maintenance releases in the 6 months
> following its first release.

So, personally, I don't expect Apache Spark 1.6.4. After Apache Spark 2.1 will
be released very soon, 2.1 and 2.0 will be the two major versions which the
most community effort is going to focus on.

However, *literally*, two major versions of Apache Spark will be Apache Spark
1.X (1.6.3) and Apache Spark 2.X. Since there is API compatibility issues
between major versions, I guess 1.6.X will survive for a while like JDK7.

If possible, could we have a clear statement whether there is a plan for 1.6.4
on homepage?

Bests,
Dongjoon.