I would like to re-iterate that committers please be very conservative now
in merging patches into branch-2.1.

Spark is a very sophisticated (compiler, optimizer) project and sometimes
one-line changes can have huge consequences and introduce regressions. If
it is just a tiny optimization, don't merge it into branch-2.1.