Hi everyone,
when we create recursive calls to "struct" (up to 5 levels) for extending a
complex datastructure we end up with the following compilation error :

org.codehaus.janino.JaninoRuntimeException: Code of method
"(I[Lscala/collection/Iterator;)V" of class
"org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.expressions.GeneratedClass$GeneratedIterator"
grows beyond 64 KB

The CreateStruct code itself is properly using the ctx.splitExpression
command but the "end result" of the df.select( struct(struct(struct(....)
))) ends up being too much.

Should I open a JIRA or is there a workaround ?

Regards,

--
*Olivier Girardot* | AssociƩ
o.girar...@lateral-thoughts.com