From: Michael Armbrust [via Apache Spark Developers List]
[mailto:ml+s1001551n21815...@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:50 AM
To: Mendelson, Assaf
Subject: [VOTE] Apache Spark 2.2.0 (RC5)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 2.2.0.
The vote is open until Friday, June 23rd, 2017 at 18:00 PST and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see https://spark.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is
v2.2.0-rc5<https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v2.2.0-rc5>
(62e442e73a2fa663892d2edaff5f7d72d7f402ed)

List of JIRA tickets resolved can be found with this
filter<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-20134?jql=project%20%3D%20SPARK%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.2.0>.

https://home.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc5-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1243/

https://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-2.2.0-rc5-docs/

How can I help test this release?

If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then reporting
any regressions.

What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 2.2.0?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes,
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on
immediately. Everything else please retarget to 2.3.0 or 2.2.1.

But my bug isn't fixed!??!

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless
the bug in question is a regression from 2.1.1.