I tried and failed to do this in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22142 because it became clear
that the Flume examples would have to be removed to make this work, too.
(Well, you can imagine other solutions with extra source dirs or modules
for flume examples enabled by a profile, but that doesn't help the docs and
is nontrivial complexity for little gain.)

It kind of suggests Flume support should be deprecated if it's put behind a
profile. Like with Kafka 0.8. (This is why I'm raising it again to the
whole list.)

Any preferences among:
1. Put Flume behind a profile, remove examples, deprecate
2. Put Flume behind a profile, remove examples, but don't deprecate
3. Punt until Spark 3.0, when this integration would probably be removed
entirely (?)