Hi - I was hoping to revive the discussion regarding the application of mesos
constraints to driver tasks. I added some comments to:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/>

Basically, I am proposing the introduction of an additional optional
configuration property named "spark.mesos.constraints.driver" which would
function the same as "spark.mesos.constraints" except that it would be applied
to driver tasks by the mesos dispatcher.

Aside from being backwards compatible, it would allow driver tasks to be
constrained to either the same or different resources as the executors.

This would provide better support for multi-tenant cluster as well as provide a
means for limiting the number of drivers that are allowed to run concurrently
on a cluster since too many drivers can lead to starvation scenarios.

If folks agree that this is a good change, I am about 75% done with a PR to
implement the above. There is an alternative proposal (and PR) in the ticket as
well if that is the preferred approach.

Thanks,
Paul