Thanks Nick, Hyukjin. Yes this seems to be a longer standing issue on RHEL with
respect to forking.

________________________________
From: Nick Pentreath <nick.pentre...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 6, 2017 6:16:53 AM
To: Hyukjin Kwon
Cc: dev
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Spark 2.1.2 (RC4)

Ah yes - I recall that it was fixed. Forgot it was for 2.3.0

My +1 vote stands.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 at 15:15 Hyukjin Kwon
<gurwls...@gmail.com<mailto:gurwls...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Nick,

I believe that R test failure is due to SPARK-21093, at least the error message
looks the same, and that is fixed from 2.3.0. This was not backported because I
and reviewers were worried as that fixed a very core to SparkR (even, it was
reverted once even after very close look by some reviewers).

I asked Michael to note this as a known issue in
https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-2-0.html#known-issues before
due to this reason.
I believe It should be fine and probably we should note if possible. I believe
this should not be a regression anyway as, if I understood correctly, it was
there from the very first place.

Thanks.