From: Stephen Boesch

Sent: Saturday, October 21, 8:39 AM

Subject: Re: Add a machine learning algorithm to sparkml

To: Manolis Gemeliaris

Cc: dev@spark.apache.org

A couple of less obvious facets of getting over the (significant!) hurdle to
have an algorithm accepted into mllib (/spark.ml):

the review time can be very long -  a few to many months is a typical case even
for relatively fast tracked algorithms you will likely be asked to provide
evidence of a strong perceived need within the community/industry for the
algorithm

These considerations may make it challenging for you to find a
yet-unimplemented algorithm that can be completed within a constrained
timeframe.

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate student and now looking to do my final year project.
Professor Minos Garofalakis   suggested to me that as a  project , I could find
a machine learning  algorithm not implemented by anyone ,in Spark.ml and
implement it.

As the topic is related to contributing code (an algorithm implementation) to
Spark, I address to you also.

My question to  you is , are there any suggestions about what algorithm is
missing from spark.ml currently that would be a good option to implement? (e.g.
k-means and lda are already there and so is lsvm)

Thanks in advance.