I think that's all correct, though the license of third party dependencies
is actually a difficult and sticky part. The ASF couldn't make a software
release including any GPL software for example, and it's not just a matter
of adding a disclaimer. Any actual bits distributed by the PMC would have
to follow all the license rules.