On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Yinan Li <liyinan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but we can not rule out the benefits init-containers bring either.

Sorry, but what are those again? So far all the benefits are already
provided by spark-submit...

> Again, I would suggest we look at this more thoroughly post 2.3.

Actually, one of the reasons why I brought this up is that we should
remove init containers from 2.3 unless they're really required for
something.

Simplifying the code is not the only issue. The init container support
introduces a whole lot of user-visible behavior - like config options
and the execution of a completely separate container that the user can
customize. If removed later, that could be considered a breaking
change.

So if we ship 2.3 without init containers and add them later if
needed, it's a much better world than flipping that around.

--
Marcelo