HI all:

       1, Dataset API supports operation “sortWithinPartitions”, but in RDD API
there is no counterpart (I know there is “repartitionAndSortWithinPartitions”,
but I don’t want to repartition the RDD), I have to convert RDD to Dataset for
this function. Would it make sense to add a “sortWithinPartitions” for RDD?

       2, In “aggregateByKey”/”reduceByKey”, I want to do some special
operation (like aggregator compression) after local aggregation on each
partitions. A similar case may be: compute ‘ApproximatePercentile’ for
different keys by ”reduceByKey”, it may be helpful if
‘QuantileSummaries#compress’ is called before network communication. So I
wonder if it is useful to add a ‘aggregateWithinPartitions’ for RDD?

Regards,

Ruifeng