When I updated for Scala 2.12, I was able to remove almost all the
2.11-2.12 differences. There are still already two source trees for 2.11 vs
2.12. I mean that if it's necessary to accommodate differences between the
two, it's already set up for that, and there aren't a mess of differences
to patch over. Probably quite possible if necessary.