Hi all,
I am currently in the middle of developing a new data source (for an
internal tool) using data source V2.
I noticed that  SPARK-24882
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24882>   is planned for 2.4 and
includes interface changes.

I was wondering if those are planned in addition to the current interfaces
or are aimed to replace them (specifically the most basic reading as this is
what I am using).

As a side note, I was wondering if there is any means to expose metrics from
the data source, e.g. I would like to expose a metric of the number of rows
read to the application (currently I am adding a per partition index column
and doing a custom idempotent accumulator which collects the maximum index
for each partition).

Thanks,
    Assaf.