Dear all,

I am currently developing two OSS extension packages for spark; one related to machine learning; one related to biological applications. According to the trademark guidelines (https://spark.apache.org/trademarks.html) I am not allowed to use /Names derived from “Spark”, such as “sparkly”.
/
My question is if that is really the case or how stringent these guidelines are, given that so many spark packages (https://spark.apache.org/third-party-projects.html) contain Spark as name already. I already contacted the official email for questions like these, but didn't hear back until now.

Can anyone please shed light on this?
Thanks in advance!

Best,
Simon