Latest from Wenchen in case it was dropped.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Wenchen Fan <wenc...@databricks.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: data source api v2 refactoring
To: <mri...@gmail.com>
Cc: Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com>, Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com>, <
dev@spark.apache.org>

Hi Mridul,

I'm not sure what's going on, my email was CC'ed to the dev list.

Hi Ryan,

The logical and physical scan idea sounds good. To add more color
to Jungtaek's question, both micro-batch and continuous mode have
the logical and physical scan, but there is a difference: for micro-batch
mode, a physical scan outputs data for one epoch, but it's not true for
continuous mode.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to include streaming epoch in the API
abstraction, for features like metrics reporting.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer