My concern is that the v2 data source API is still evolving and not very
close to stable. I had hoped to have stabilized the API and behaviors for a
3.0 release. But we could also wait on that for a 4.0 release, depending on
when we think that will be.

Unless there is a pressing need to move to 3.0 for some other area, I think
it would be better for the v2 sources to have a 2.5 release.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer