Wenchen, can you hold off on the first RC?

The half-finished changes from the redesign of the DataSourceV2 API are in
master, added in SPARK-24882 <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/22009>,
and are now in the 2.4 branch. We've had a lot of good discussion since
that PR was merged to update and fix the design, plus only one of the
follow-ups on SPARK-25186
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-25186> is done. Clearly, the
redesign was too large to get into 2.4 in so little time -- it was proposed
about 10 days before the original branch date -- and I don't think it is a
good idea to release half-finished major changes.

The easiest solution is to revert SPARK-24882 in the release branch. That
way we have minor changes in 2.4 and major changes in the next release,
instead of major changes in both. What does everyone think?

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer