Hi all,

Apache Spark 2.4.0 is the fifth release in the 2.x line. This release adds
Barrier Execution Mode for better integration with deep learning
frameworks, introduces 30+ built-in and higher-order functions to deal with
complex data type easier, improves the K8s integration, along with
experimental Scala 2.12 support. Other major updates include the built-in
Avro data source, Image data source, flexible streaming sinks, elimination
of the 2GB block size limitation during transfer, Pandas UDF improvements.
In addition, this release continues to focus on usability, stability, and
polish while resolving around 1100 tickets.

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and
early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible
without you.

To download Spark 2.4.0, head over to the download page:
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

To view the release notes:
https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-4-0.html

Thanks,
Wenchen

PS: If you see any issues with the release notes, webpage or published
artifacts, please contact me directly off-list.