Hi everyone,

This is a follow-up to the "Identifiers with multi-catalog support"
discussion thread. I've taken the proposal I posted to that thread and
written it up as an official SPIP for how to identify tables and other
catalog objects when working with multiple catalogs.

The doc is available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEcvomPiTc5GtB9F7d2RTVVpMY64Qy7INCA_rFEd9HQ/edit?usp=sharing

Everyone should be able to comment on the doc or discuss on this thread.
I'd like to call a vote for this SPIP sometime in the next week, unless
there is still significant ongoing discussion. From the feedback in the
DSv2 sync and on the previous thread, I think it should go quickly.

Thanks for taking a look at the proposal,

rb

--
Ryan Blue