There is SPARK-26604 we are looking into

________________________________
From: Saisai Shao <sai.sai.s...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:05 PM
To: shane knapp
Cc: Stavros Kontopoulos; Sean Owen; DB Tsai; Spark dev list; d_t...@apple.com
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 2.4.1 (RC2)

Do we have other block/critical issues for Spark 2.4.1 or waiting something to
be fixed? I roughly searched the JIRA, seems there's no block/critical issues
marked for 2.4.1.

Thanks
Saisai

shane knapp <skn...@berkeley.edu<mailto:skn...@berkeley.edu>> 于2019年3月7日周四
上午4:57写道:
i'll be popping in to the sig-big-data meeting on the 20th to talk about stuff
like this.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:40 PM Stavros Kontopoulos
<stavros.kontopou...@lightbend.com<mailto:stavros.kontopou...@lightbend.com>>
wrote:
Yes its a touch decision and as we discussed today
(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pnF38NF6N5eM8DlK088XUW85Vms4V2uTsGZvSp8MNIA)
"Kubernetes support window is 9 months, Spark is two years".So we may end up
with old client versions on branches still supported like 2.4.x in the future.
That gives us no choice but to upgrade, if we want to be on the safe side. We
have tested 3.0.0 with 1.11 internally and it works but I dont know what it
means to run with old
clients.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 7:54 PM Sean Owen