Well it will be difficult to say anything without  knowing func. It could be
that 40 cores and 200 gb for an executor is not a setup that suits the func and
the overall architecture.

It could be also GC collection issues etc.

Sometimes it also does not help to throw hardware at the issue. It depends
really on the processing pipeline.