I agree with Imran on this. Since we are already on rc8, we don't want to
indefinitely hold the release for one more fix, but it this one is a severe
deadlock.

Note to myself and other community members: May be we can be more proactive
in checking and reporting inprogress PR reviews/JIRAs for any blockers as
early or as soon as the first RC is cut, so that we don't hold the release
process. I believe in this case, the merge commit and RC were in a very
close time frame.

--
-Dhruve Ashar