I am still working on the SPIP and should get it up in the next few days.
I have the basic text more or less ready, but I want to get a high-level
API concept ready too just to have something more concrete.  I have not
really done much with contributing new features to spark so I am not sure
where a design document really fits in here because from
http://spark.apache.org/improvement-proposals.html and
http://spark.apache.org/contributing.html it does not mention a design
anywhere.  I am happy to put one up, but I was hoping the API concept would
cover most of that.

Thanks,

Bobby