I'm trying to re-read however I'm getting cached data (which is a bit
confusing). For re-read I'm issuing:
spark.read.format("delta").load("/data").groupBy(col("event_hour")).count

The cache seems to be global influencing also new dataframes.

So the question is how should I re-read without loosing the cached data
(without using unpersist) ?

As I mentioned with sql its possible - I can create a cached view, so wen I
access the original table I get live data, when I access the view I get
cached data.

BR,
Tomas