Hi all,

While introducing new modules for Spark Graph (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490), builds started to turn red because of failing MiMa (binary compatibility) tests.

We had one successful build, however, all subsequent builds fail:

Successful run: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490#issuecomment-498075761 First failed run: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/24490#issuecomment-498104960

Both builds run on the same commit: https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/bf7db46d7dc548ffecb84d5696281951a46e5ae7

The build log contains:

[error] running /home/jenkins/workspace/SparkPullRequestBuilder/dev/mima -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkubernetes -Phive-thriftserver -Pkinesis-asl -Pyarn -Pspark-ganglia-lgpl -Phive -Pmesos ; received return code 1

I tried to reproduce this locally, but got return code 0 without any output when running

'dev/mima'

and

'dev/mima -Phadoop-2.7 -Pkubernetes -Phive-thriftserver -Pkinesis-asl -Pyarn -Pspark-ganglia-lgpl -Phive -Pmesos'

Any ideas what could cause CI to change its behaviour between builds? Are we missing something in the way we introduced the modules? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin