Hi,

After some thinking about it, I may have found out the reason why not to
expose EventTimeStatsAccum as a named accumulator. The reason is that it's
an internal part of how event-time watermark works and should not be
exposed via web UI as much as if it was part of a Spark app (the web UI is
meant for).

With that being said, I'm wondering why is EventTimeStatsAccum not a SQL
metric then? With that, it'd be in web UI, but just in the physical plan of
a streaming query.

WDYT?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
The Internals of Spark SQL https://bit.ly/spark-sql-internals
The Internals of Spark Structured Streaming
https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
The Internals of Apache Kafka https://bit.ly/apache-kafka-internals