I think that with a few reviews, we could have a minimally working DSv2 SQL
API ready in a couple weeks. We have PRs ready for the last of the major
items, like ALTER TABLE, INSERT INTO, REPLACE TABLE, and a v2 catalog
interface for the session catalog. Mainly, we're just waiting for final
reviews on those and then I would be comfortable moving to QA for 3.0.

The built-in file sources unfortunately have some work to do to work with
SQL, so I'm not including those in that statement. That would also not
include all of the non-essential SQL statements, like SHOW TABLES or CREATE
TABLE LIKE. Most of the non-essential SQL could be done fairly quickly, if
anyone has time!