As a reminder, the list contains two correctness bugs: stream-stream outer
join, and multiple stateful operations with watermark.

Regarding common theme, yes that's somewhat I'd rather avoid to say, but
honestly I feel there's shortage on active committers on 'structured
streaming'.

Many of them I know as relevant to SS area didn't show up themselves in
Spark community for around half a year (maybe even more), and unfortunately
even active committers seem to have struggled with shortage of time doing
their own works (that's natural) and haven't found time to focus reviewing
other PRs (provide valuable comments but not leading PRs as shepherd to be
merged). I hoped that's temporary issue for some important events like
Spark+AI summit, and turned out it's not.

Spark has no replacement of SS, DStream is now even cared less than SS.
Does Spark community not feeling important from streaming area? I might not
agree, as there're reports from end users and patches proposed so far from
contributors. I wouldn't the right one to say how can solve the issue, but
I hope we would handle the main issue nicely and less painful way.

--
Name : Jungtaek Lim
Blog : http://medium.com/@heartsavior