So I'm not a lawyer, but looking at the JDK8 License FAQ (
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html )
makes me feel like we should support folks who are on the 2.x branch and
want to migrate away from JDK8. Although the Redhat post about OpenJDK8 is
reassuring (
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/22/openjdk-8-and-11-still-in-safe-hands/
 ).