Thank you for the summarization, Xingbo.

I also agree with Sean because I don't think those block 3.0.0 preview
release.
Especially, correctness issues should not be there.

Instead, could you summarize what we have as of now for 3.0.0 preview?

I believe JDK11 (SPARK-28684) and Hive 2.3.5 (SPARK-23710) will be in the
what-we-have list for 3.0.0 preview.

Bests,
Dongjoon.