DSv2 is far from stable right? All the actual data types are unstable and you
guys have completely ignored that. We'd need to work on that and that will be a
breaking change. If the goal is to make DSv2 work across 3.x and 2.x, that
seems too invasive of a change to backport once you consider the parts needed
to make dsv2 stable.